About the Seminar
The Seminar is a residential event that will be held from 28 May to 1 June 2012 at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU). All participants are expected to be involved in the full programme, and participate in all resident activities and discussions for the duration of the Seminar as well as the pre- and post- Seminar activities. They will engage in intellectual exchanges, collaborate during special activities and interact with peers from diverse educational tracks.
The Seminar aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To raise participants' awareness of how their generation will play a key role in driving Singapore's success and forging a shared future.
- To allow participants to reflect on their beliefs and assumptions about their roles and contributions to our society.
- To provide opportunities for participants to mingle and acquire new perspectives through interaction with political, industry and community leaders as well as other participants.
- To invite participants to propose solutions to current and potential challenges that Singapore faces as a nation.
- To provide participants with the opportunity to demonstrate social responsibility, personal discipline and independence, yet working together to achieve common goals within and across teams.
The Guest of Honour, Mr Teo Chee Hean (Deputy Prime Minister, Coordinating Minister for National Security and Minister for Home Affairs) will deliver a keynote address during the opening ceremony.
Each participating institution has been assigned a presentation domain. Participants from each institution will examine the domain allocated to them, identify a focus and present their research and observations in the form of a project showcase and an oral presentation during one of the Parallel Presentation sessions. They will then take questions from the audience.
In addition, participants will have the opportunity to listen to and engage distinguished speakers on topics related to the theme and sub-themes during panel discussions.